Wednesday, April 25, 2012

See. Horsies.

Hey all! So, here's the good news: I got a job. Well, to clarify- I have a regular job. I have always considered myself employed...just not gainfully so. Here's the bad news (or even better news for some of you): as of May 7th, I will be back with the M-F, 8-5 crowd. Yay.

That being said, starting May 7th, I will probably not be blog posting regularly. Also, the fabulous "Featured Sale Items of the Day" will most likely cease. Why? Well, if I learned anything from my last time around with trying to work a 40+ hour week, THEN adding on 40+ more hours of jewelry making and blog posting; it burns me out pretty fast.

I will still make jewelry and I will still blog, but it will go back down to a hobby level. You've been warned. So, you may either start to lament or cheer, whichever is appropriate.

But this post isn't about me. It's going to be about seahorses. Because, why not?

To get you properly primed for seahorses, however, I want to share this BRILLIANT bit by comedian Jim Gaffigan about seahorses. Check it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujRwl6dL9go

Funny stuff, right?

Here's what's up with seahorses:


  • Yep, it's true- the male seahorse has the baby. The female inserts her eggs into the male's "brood pouch." The male then goes and hangs on to a piece of coral and gestates. After a few weeks, the male contorts a whole bunch then gives birth to baby seahorses. That is some weird shit.
  • Seahorsies are not "strong swimmers." They much prefer to hang out by coral and relax...or, I guess if you are dude seahorse, you hang out and "gestate."
  • Apparently, there are 53 species of seahorse. They range in size from 1/2 inch to 14 inches. They belong to Syngnathidae, which also includes the pipefish and the seadragon. Wait, what the fuck is a seadragon?
  • Seriously, what the fuck is a seadragon?
  • Most seahorses mate for life. Which makes sense because the female seahorse will want to stick by her baby daddy.
  • Seahorses like to swim in pairs, linked by their tails. That's super adorable.
  • During mating, seahorse utter "musical sounds." Oh, is that what we are calling it now?
  • And, mating is usually done under the full moon. They are some romantic weirdos, aren't they?
  • A group of seahorses is called a herd. Ya' heard.
Well, that's about all I got about seahorses. So, now's the time that I refer you to my Featured Sale Item of the Day...which just happens to be a seahorse necklace. It was, $50, now it's only $42. For today, 4/25/12 only.




No comments:

Post a Comment