Thursday, January 26, 2012

I've Got an Eye on You

My favorite doctor is my eye doctor. I think that I like him because he makes me feel like every answer I give is correct; even if I'm clearly blind as a bat. I like people who humor me. Also, his name is Pierre. I like that as well. You don't meet very many people named Pierre in Colorado Springs, CO.

If only I could find a dentist that I felt the same about; but that's a different blog all together.

Back on point: They are the "windows to the soul," if they are Irish, "they smile," and Bette Davis had such great ones, someone wrote a song about them...Eyes!


  • Guess what? Your mom was wrong; sitting too close to the television WILL NOT damage your eyes. Studies actually show that kids can focus up close without eyestrain better than adults. However, sitting too close to the television while watching the show Kendra, WILL damage your brain.
  • Your eye blinks about 27,397 times a day. Put that little fact in your back pocket for the next time someone calls you lazy.
  • The number one cause of blindness in America is diabetes. I have absolutely nothing snarky to say about this.
  • Sailors used to think that wearing a gold earring would improve their eyesight. Sailors also thought that manatees were mermaids, so you see how well that little theory held up.
  • In general, people read from a computer screen 25% slower than from paper... don't worry, I'll wait for you to catch up.
  • You know how your nose gets all runny when you are crying? Well, that's because your tears are draining into your nasal cavity. I bet you did not know that. And if you did, you either have medical training or you read the same useless information on the web that I do.
  • The space between your eyebrows, right above the bridge of the nose,  is called the Glabella. Mark my words: some stupid celebrity couple is going to name their kid Glabella in 2012. 
How'd you like this blog? Did I blind you with knowledge?! Want a commemorative belt buckle to remind you of the day you read this amazing blog? Well, here you go..... (oh, and it's on sale for today, 1/26/12, only).






No comments:

Post a Comment