Of course, that's not the most environmentally sound way to cool off, so I'll keep racking my brain for other ways to beat the heat....
In the mean time, here's some facts about cars...Oh, but wait! *cue Gary Numan's song "Cars."* I dare you to try to get that song out of your head now. If you need a reminder of this quintessential 1980's song and delightfully cheesy video, here's the you tube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw . OK, now that you are back from that blast from the past and you have the appropriate soundtrack in your head, here are some car facts (not to be confused with, or infringe on the copyright of Car Facts.):
- Most American car horns beep in the key of F...Mine beeps in the key of "F U."
- The automobile is the most recycled consumer product in the world today.
- The first speeding ticket was issued in 1902. To your mom! (How's that for a "your mom's so old" joke?)
- Henry Ford did not invent the automobile. Many people were on fast the track to the invention of the automobile before him, but it is usually Karl Benz who gets the credit of the invention of the modern automobile.
- Car parts invented by women: windshield wipers, electric engine starter and a more efficient carburetor. You are welcome.
- The first product Motorola started working on was a record player for the automobile. At the time, the most well known record player was a Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola. Honestly, how many of you knew that? I sure didn't.
- The city with the greatest number of Rolls Royce cars per capita is Hong Kong.
- The design for the Batmobile was based on a concept car by Lincoln called the Futura.
- Before the 1920's, cars didn't come with gas gauges so motorists had to guess how much gas they had in left the car. I had a 1973 VW Beetle that worked the same way...
- Speaking of, the VW Beetle only sold 300 cars during it's first year of sales in the US. Now it is one of the most popular selling cars of all time.
- One of every 7 cars sold in the US is sold in Southern California. Car-magedon!
- The NHSA didn't make seat belts mandatory until 1973. What????
- The German Autobahn, with it's no speed limit, actually has fewer fatalities than US highways. So, do you feel the need? The need for speed?
Can't afford a new car? How about a new car necklace?: http://www.etsy.com/listing/76599056/retro-car-necklace-1930-1940-rockabilly
Use coupon code BLOG15 for 15% off your entire purchase